Did you know that many deodorants contain harmful ingredients that can actually cause more harm in your breast and lymph areas than good? I have been using this recipe for about a year and a half and I really like it. It is not an antiperspirant, but you do not want to keep all of the toxins inside and blocked in your body like with antiperspirants. I do not sweat excessively when using this recipe, so it is not a problem for me.
What you need:
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of corn starch (or arrowroot powder)
- 5 Tbsp. of solid coconut oil
- 10-20 drops of essential oil of your choice (ideas: Rose, Lemongrass, Lavender, Purify, etc). You can purchase essential oils here.
- Old cleaned out deodorant container OR a new deoderant container
How to make it:
1. Mix 1/4 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of corn starch (or arrowroot powder) in a bowl.
2. Add 5 tbsp. of solid coconut oil to this mixture. Stir it up until it is all mixed together without any clumps. If it is too firm you can warm it up for a few seconds then stir. if it is too runny then add a little bit more corn starch or arrow root powder until it is at a good consistency.
3. Once it is mixed well then you will add 10-20 drops of essential oil (I use 20). I use Lemongrass in mine because it is deodorizing and has a great scent. Mix the essential oil in also.
4. Scoop this mixture into your empty deodorant container.
5. Depending on the climate where you live and temperature in your home you may want to store it in the refrigerator (I promise it isn't as weird as it sounds).
We are taught from an early age that we need to have conventional toothpaste that contains ingredients that are harmful to our bodies. I have been using either this DIY toothpaste below or the doTERRA On Guard Natural Whitening toothpaste for the past year and a half and have had several cleanings and check ups at my dentist with no issues at all. I really like being able to know what is in my products and feel confident that I am using something that is good for me.
What you need:
- 4 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp. Stevia or Xylitol
- 20 drops of Peppermint essential oil and 20 drops of your choice of oil: On Guard (protective blend), Clove or Cinnamon)
Optional to add:
How to make it:
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and then scoop into a glass jar with a lid to seal it after each use. Note: I use a little spoon to scoop some out for my toothbrush.
In a Hurry Guacamole
If you're anything like me, you like to have quick, easy and delicious snacks and meals to go to when you are limited on time. Here is a quick recipe for guacamole if you don't have time to make it from scratch.
- 2 avocados
- Approximately 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa (I don't always measure!)
- A few pinches of garlic salt
- 3 drops of Lime essential oil
How to make:
1. Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds
2. Scoop the avocado out of its skin and place in a bowl
3. Add 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa
4. Add about 2 pinches of garlic salt
5. Add 3 drops of Lime essential oil
6. Mash the mixture with a fork
7. Grab some chips or your favorite thing to dip and start eating!
Check back soon for more!